Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Ice Part II - Ice Forest

Part two of the ice. I am much happier with the photos from this trip. Enjoy.


In hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea to be under these chunks of ice. Pieces were constantly falling of them and, as you can see from the photo below, constantly melting.
It's slippery on top of them.
When the tide comes back in this forest of ice will be completely rearranged.
There is just a slight greenish tinge to this iceberg.

Don't know if I would leave my boat out with the icebergs.
The water is very clear. I think this is a crayfish. Correct me if I'm wrong.


In this photo you can see that when this iceberg is floating only the top portion is sticking out of the water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the ice burg pics

Aida said...

breath taking, i saw my firsts in newfoundland, very cool.

p.s thanks fr dropping by footprints. i am having someone to teach me to sew fur in the next few weeks.